WallsTreat Studio/ Kass Wilson
WallsTreat Studio/ Kass Wilson
  • Alpharetta, GA
Asked on Mar 7, 2012

Has anyone used Gardz drywall sealer?

KMS WoodworksWallsTreat Studio/ Kass WilsonPeace Painting Co., Inc.
+1

One of my clients put a decal on her wall. When she went to remove it, it pulled down to the drywall. My guess is that the wall was never primed properly to begin with. It was a big box store flat paint/primer combo. I know that some people say that paint alone is a primer but is that really enough? One of the decal companies recommended Gardz. What are your thoughts?
  • KMS Woodworks

I always like to prime and paint as separate events. One thing I have seen is if the drywall still had some minor "dust" the initial "bond" with paint is not as sound. I have seen where paint has peeled away when painters tape is removed. PREP, PREP, PREP

• Peace Painting Co., Inc.

Primers are formulated specifically to seal and stick, very unlike finish coats that are made to sit on top and protect. Thus, one product cannot do both well. Any product like Gardz, made specifically as a good primer, is the right choice and will pass the 'tape test'. Best, Charles

• So this goes for any spots on the walls that have been repaired, too?

• KMS Woodworks

Yes...spot prime then spot paint.