Nikki
Nikki
  • Atlanta, GA
Asked on Mar 7, 2012

Nice legs anyone?

VeeVeca TorrenceNikkiDee
+15

I'm attempting to build a console table using two bifold closet doors I've painted grey. I'm trying to find some unique items to use as legs for the table, maybe something similar to what's shown in the attached pictures. Any suggestions on where I can find unique table legs? I'm talking reclaimed, repurposed, not expensive, brand new table legs.
Curved Leg
Curved Leg
Chunky Leg
Chunky Leg
  • Sherri B

Nikki, inside Atlanta proper, there are several reclaimed stores that have a lot of repurpose/reclaimed stuff you could use. The name escapes me at the moment (dang Menopause!!!), but I'm sure someone on here can point you in the right direction. The only one that I can remember at the moment is the Habitat for Humanity's yard. Their website is . Good luck!

• Sherri B

Hmmm... anyway, let me try that again. The website is atlantahabitat dot org / restore (add the www at the front, put periods instead of dot and remove all the spaces).

• Miriam I

Sherrie, I'm not sure why the link didn't post the first time but here it is: www.atlantahabitat.org/restore

• Sherri B

Thanks, Miriam! You must have been holding your mouth right. :-)

• There are also some online store where you can buy legs, but if you are thinking of re-purposing then craiglist is a good place to find an old table. You can then remove the legs and use it.

• Designs by BSB

if you cannot find anything old, www.tablelegs.com has some incredible choices

• Peace Painting Co., Inc.

Try one of our local thrift stores for table parts to cannibalize. CP

• Karin F

It depends on how fancy you want your table to be. I've seen table legs made from old crutches, baseball bats, golf clubs. I've seen iron that used to be used on a porch that would make for interesting table legs, and metal piping could be dolled up with some odd fittings to give it an industrial look.

• Donna McCrummen

An old crib maybe.

• A. Marlene L

Try etsy there is some of everything there.

• Janice A

What is etsy?

• A golf club doubled up on either side of a post would be a pretty cool look and about the right height for a console table. Take a trip through the local thrift stores and see what you find!

• Melissa G

Etsy.com is a site with numerous storefronts for people who make their own things to sell -- from crafts to gifts to furniture. Unusual finds, great ideas, things you don't see elsewhere. You deal with vendors directly.

• Sherri B

Even I have a storefront on ETSY, but it's for jewelry. Search for sherrirbgr, and you should see my store Magpie Designs.

• Em

long slender Lamp Bases with hardware removed.

• Dee

My community seems to have a whole lot of pianos being junked. Lots of them have nice legs that might be ideal for this purpose.

• Nikki

I ended up finding a porch rail with balustrades that I removed from the rail. Worked perfectly!

• VeeVeca Torrence

That's so beautiful