Victorian Farmhouse Kitchen Restoration

Our home was built in1900. It has been cut in half, moved 25 miles to the country, put back together again and we have been restoring it now for 10 years. We have our blood, sweat, tears and MONEY invested here, and it has truly been a labor of love!
Welcome! Enter into our Kitchen
Welcome! Enter into our Kitchen
We completely gutted, replaced the windows and door. Added new cabinets, appliances, backsplash and countertops.
diy kitchen restoration, diy, home decor, kitchen backsplash, kitchen design, kitchen island, paint colors, wall decor
This is the Tin Ceiling my husband installed.
I hand stained the original floors
We added an apron style farm sink and we used an old dining table as an island. I custom designed the cabinets to hold our microwave oven!
This is the original door trim
This is the original door trim
I found this stained glass piece at an antique shop and installed it in place of the clear glass for the transome over the door! The beadboard is new. I found the recipe book cabinet at Big Lots!
This is the original corner pantry
This is the original corner pantry
I found this bakers shelf at a thrift store and it fit perfectly also hung this wire shelving on the inside of the door!
View looking towards the Dining Room
View looking towards the Dining Room
The lower cabinet was custom designed at a more shallow depth to fit the door trim.
I installed this faux tin backsplash! The backsplash mimics the tin ceiling and ties the room together.
This is a vintage upper cabinet
This is a vintage upper cabinet
I found this piece at a local antique shop and refinished it with crackle paint and installed lights insde the top and at the bottom.
Cindy@GlassSlipperRestorations

• Bonnie Berry

love love love your home. You and your husband did a fantastic job! Your blood, sweat, and tears and money paid off. beautiful absolutely beautiful

• Terra Gazelle

Love what you did..the floor is amazing. I want to paint my living room floor..just want to decide color and design and what to do with people and animals while its being done.