Pop Bottle Greenhouse W/ T'paper Seedlings

Planting supplies can be expensive, so to make your own out of trash is a win/win. Rather than throw away the 2 liter bottles, cut them in half, flip them, and fill them. You can then plant your seeds or transplant seedlings.
pop bottle greenhouse w t paper seedlings, container gardening, gardening, how to, repurposing upcycling
Cut it, flip it, fill it.
To keep the soil from falling through, use a coffee filter to catch it.
Seedlings from seeds planted in t'paper rolls can be transplanted into your little greenhouse.
The bottom half can be also be used for your seedlings to encourage growth until they are ready to transplant.
For more details and freebies, visit Love My DIY Home at the link below:
Val Frania {Love My DIY Home}

• Susan Bechamp

A greenhouse in a bottle! I never would have thought of that one. Thank you. Did you remove the bottle cap for drainage?

• Luise Muller

How to cut the bottle in half.

• Dody

If you want to get rid of the sharp edges after you cut the bottle in half cover your iron with foil and "iron" those sharp edges smooth.

• VictoriaC

I am so thrilled you showed this..I am wanting to do this..but I have never planted seeds before..SO can you tell me after you plant them in the toliet paper rolls then do you cover them with the bottom of the pop container? how often do you water them? and then when they break thru the soil how long is it before you can plant them outside? one more question...DO you need to put them in the sun when you first plant them or keep them in the dark and moist? thank you..I am going to wait until I hear from and then do this..WIll save our paper rolls from now on...thank you so much..Victoria

• Any seeds can be planted this way. We are in WI, so we get snow late too. That's why I've had to plant indoors. I started some seeds last week and my marigolds are starting to come up.