Digital Lace Mini Blind

We just moved into a fixer-upper which we plan on being our forever home. Like many people before us, we have been overwhelmed with all the 'priority' projects. One of the first, tho, was window coverings. Since I'm not sure how the decorating process will evolve, I decided to keep the coverings simple, but pretty.....and cheap!
Plain, white aluminum mini blind bought at Lowes for the kitchen window. Since kitchen windows tend to get grimy fast, they need to be easy to clean or inexpensive to replace. A prime candidate for this project. I set it across a rack that was on top of a couple saw-horses.
Next, I covered it with an old, machine lace table cloth. Note: this was not an heirloom, handmade table cloth. It was just an old, machine-made cloth.
Now the fun part. Light gray spray paint. I tried not to over-do it, because I didn't want the lace to stick to the blind.
Digital Lace
I wish the photo had turned out better. The soft gray of the paint is a gentle contrast to the white blind. It is pretty, without over-powering the senses.
One of the best parts? Since this was an inexpensive window covering for the kitchen window, I won't feel bad when in the future it needs to be replaced. :)

Use Your Old Corks For These 25 Clever Ideas
15 Easy & Colorful DIY Projects For Your Home
24 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
30 Unbelievable Backyard Update Ideas
16 Fun Ways You Can Use Food To Decorate Your Home
Do You Want to Update Your Antique Furniture?
25 Christmas Wreath Ideas You Don't Want To Miss This Year
30 Address Signs That'll Make Your Neighbors Stop in Admiration
30 Creative Painting Techniques & Ideas You MUST See
31 Brilliant Ways To Repurpose Everyday Items Into Perfect Organizers
The 25 Most-Viewed Mason Jar Projects on Hometalk
18 Stunning Backsplash Ideas You Do Not Want To Miss!
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper

• Antinia Shirley

Could this technique be used on plastic blinds? I’m on an uber tight budget right now! Btw, I LOVE this idea! You’re amazing!

• Christi Joyce

Hi Antinia, I think it would work just fine. If the blinds aren’t new, clean them well. Be sure the paint you choose will stick to plastic. Thank you for your kind words. Enjoy your project!

• Kim Coladonato

Can I use a plastic window blind for this project?

• Sheenkai Kilpatrick

Awesome idea!!