The Finishing Touch-A Sliding Barn Door for the Laundry Room

26K Views
We recently helped our friend redo the laundry room in her 100+ year old house. We added the finishing touch today with the installation of a new sliding barn door.
  • the finishing touch a sliding barn door for the laundry room, diy, doors, laundry rooms
Here is what it looked like prior to the redo. The old door swung into the room, using up valuable space.
My husband built her a custom door that looks like the original doors in her house.
He left the top open so we could add glass. We ended up getting seeded glass that adds some privacy, but also looks old.
We added the barn door hardware.
We used my new vinyl cutter to add the words.
And it's done! I think it looks so good!
This was the 'before' picture of the inside.
And the 'after'!

Suggested materials for this project:

Pam @ Our Adventures in Home Improvement

Want more details about this project and other DIY projects? Check out my blog post!