An Unexpected Upscale Garden Junk Orb, Thanks to a Broken Barrel!

Spring is in the air on the west coast! And I couldn't wait to get outdoors and start to pretty things up!
As I was shuffling (the Christmas tree into the back of my truck...) stuff about, I moved a garden barrel out of the way.... and...
SPAT!
It broke into a million pieces. Oops.
Which led to TWO very unexpected projects that are having me feel very upscale suddenly...
All thanks to a broken barrel! Who knew?
an unexpected upscale garden art orb thanks to a broken barrel, crafts, outdoor furniture, repurposing upcycling
Welcome to my garden... with my new/old fancy schmancy garden junk orb!
Me... with a modern sculpture... who am I again?
Well, it sure didn't start off that way.
As I was shuffling stuff during my big outdoor cleanup, this poor barrel didn't make it. The wood was just too far gone.
Pouting, I started cleaning it up, when a grand brainstorm hit...
The rims were tied at the ends with twine...
Then twisted.
Then more twine woven in between the rims.
No way... would this really work?!
Edited to add: I attempted to drill through the metal so it could be bolted together, but it didn't work... so twine it is! Whatever works, right?!
I plunked it into place, and wow... I felt oh so very upscale!
Well wouldja lookit that... Now I'm glad the barrel didn't make it....
Because I like the garden junk orb even better!
As for that broken barrel's wood?
It was feeling left out, so it became something really special too!
Click HERE to see what other upscale piece of junk transpired...
And if (broken?) junk entices you... fee free to check out what else broke and became instant art HERE
I love you, broken stuff... :)
Funky Junk Interiors - Donna

• Jewell Martin

Has the twine held up outside? I love your re-inventive spirit! Bless you 😇

• Jud5287888

This is going on my to-do list!

could you also share.....what is the name of the flowering bush? I would like to recreate this picture in my yard!

• Dee

I have an old barrel and its falling apart. Thanks for the idea. Also going to repurpose the wood on an old tree for a gnome's house.

• Shirley B. Mcdaniel

just wonderig what to do with bands off a broke down barrell, I tossed them aside on a tree limb, I didn't want to throw away, Now I know !

Thank you for the idea~