Spring Ombre Flower Mirror

$25

Spring is my favorite season! I wanted some new, bright wall decor this year so I decided to add a fresh spin to the old (but loved) spoon mirrors. I'm excited to be joining some other amazing hometalk bloggers in a blog hop with our favorite spring projects
With just some plastic spoons, multi surface paint, cardboard and a mirror you can make a beautiful wall decor for less than $25!
First step is the spoons. I wanted a different look than the usual spoon mirrors. I wanted the spoons to look like petals. Using a candle, hold the spoon just over the flame until it's soft. Don't melt the plastic (work in a well ventilated room, but the fumes won't be bad if you're just softening it).
after the spoons are bent, then it's time to paint them. I used Americana Multi Surface Satin paint in varying turquoise colors (affiliate link)
Then glue the petals to your cardboard circle.
Once all your petals are on, glue the mirror into the center and you're ready to hang on the wall!
I used a 12 inch mirror, so my cardboard circle was a little more than double that size at 26 inches wide.
To see more details, like the exact paint colors I used, a video, and all of the other amazing spring projects by other hometalk bloggers visit the blog link below!

Kelli @CraftShackChronicles

• Beth Caron

when do you snap the handles off the spoons?

• Julie Banks

How did you hang the mirror on the wall please? I can't imagine what would be able to hold the weight or tear the cardboard.

• Andrea
    7 minutes ago

approximatly, how many spoons do you need for this project

• Diane Gibbs Fleming

Such a great project! Looks beautiful! Helpful hint use a heat gun the project will go faster.

• Ginny Pilarz

Beautiful, my friend bought a framed wall art, when I looked at it closely they had just sprayed some feathers then sprayed them silver, was pretty and I know she paid a lot for it. So happy I am a crafter. Stay safe & “God Bless” Ginny Pilarz