DeeDee
DeeDee
  • Decatur, TX

Fence Picket A/C Unit Cover

$10.00
2.5 Hours

EDITED TO ADD: Thank you all for your concern of our unit not being able to breath. We have had our a/c man over to check it out and he says it has plenty of room to breath and he approves of the cover. :)
Do you have an ugly air conditioning unit sitting in your yard? Yes? We did too, but now we have an awesome cover up for it! We used some old wooden fence pickets to create a more eye pleasing surround
fence picket a c unit cover, curb appeal, diy, fences, how to, repurposing upcycling, And the after look using free fence pickets
And the after look using free fence pickets
fence picket a c unit cover, curb appeal, diy, fences, how to, repurposing upcycling, This was the ugly unit before its makeover
This was the ugly unit before its makeover!
fence picket a c unit cover, curb appeal, diy, fences, how to, repurposing upcycling, The river rock base the cover sits on
The river rock base the cover sits on.
fence picket a c unit cover, curb appeal, diy, fences, how to, repurposing upcycling, Remember to leave lots of breathing room for your unit
Remember to leave lots of breathing room for your unit!
DeeDee

• Becky

I like this! Wherever did you get FREE fence pickets??

• Patticake78

I love the look of this- but it has it's downsides. If it snows- yes some of us get a lot of it :) when the snow falls and fills up inside the fence, your unit can't breath. It can cause damage, if not now immediately.. it will at some point.

I just had to pay $4800. for a new inside and outdoor unit, and was told to make sure the snow does not stay up around the unit. Not sure what the answer to that is.. but it's something to think about.

Many areas in this country and others don't have snow. But for those that do- better think about how to keep it out of the enclosed space. Thanks- it's an awesome idea!! (maybe a top??? in the winter??) IDK Happy New Year to all!!

• Sherlyn F

Inspired to try this on ours. Love the look. Thanks for posting.

• Sandifolk

I'd LUV to do this to ours ! It's so with the crate look & crate projects right now.