DeeDee
DeeDee
  • Decatur, TX

Fence Picket A/C Unit Cover

$10.00
2.5 Hours

EDITED TO ADD: Thank you all for your concern of our unit not being able to breath. We have had our a/c man over to check it out and he says it has plenty of room to breath and he approves of the cover. :)
Do you have an ugly air conditioning unit sitting in your yard? Yes? We did too, but now we have an awesome cover up for it! We used some old wooden fence pickets to create a more eye pleasing surround for our ugly old unit. Please come on over to our blog and see how we put it together for very little money!
fence picket a c unit cover, curb appeal, diy, fences, how to, repurposing upcycling, And the after look using free fence pickets
And the after look using free fence pickets
fence picket a c unit cover, curb appeal, diy, fences, how to, repurposing upcycling, This was the ugly unit before its makeover
This was the ugly unit before its makeover!
fence picket a c unit cover, curb appeal, diy, fences, how to, repurposing upcycling, The river rock base the cover sits on
The river rock base the cover sits on.
fence picket a c unit cover, curb appeal, diy, fences, how to, repurposing upcycling, Remember to leave lots of breathing room for your unit
Remember to leave lots of breathing room for your unit!
DeeDee

• Becky

I like this! Wherever did you get FREE fence pickets??

• DeeDee

Hi Becky! Thank you so much, we got them from my husband's boss when he changed out his fencing.

• Erin McDaniel

You can also use pallet wood and just cut the left and right side of the top of the board with jigsaw with a curve. Tada!! Free too!

• Patticake78

I love the look of this- but it has it's downsides. If it snows- yes some of us get a lot of it :) when the snow falls and fills up inside the fence, your unit can't breath. It can cause damage, if not now immediately.. it will at some point.

I just had to pay $4800. for a new inside and outdoor unit, and was told to make sure the snow does not stay up around the unit. Not sure what the answer to that is.. but it's something to think about.

Many areas in this country and others don't have snow. But for those that do- better think about how to keep it out of the enclosed space. Thanks- it's an awesome idea!! (maybe a top??? in the winter??) IDK Happy New Year to all!!

• Shelby

You can get Free wooden Pallets at most big companys like Marble and Rock yards/ or Roofing companies , even some large nurseries. They get so many deliveries per week they actually pay abour $6 per pallet to have services remove them...so they welcome crafters to come in the evenings and load them up.. 😁

Take them home and carefully disassemble them and you have free fence pickets to design hundreds of garden and home ideas. Google "Pallet projects"

I spend hours viewing them all...

• Paulette

I'm confused by Patticake78 response - this fence surrounds an A/C unit. Are you running your A/C unit in the winter when it's snowing?

• Mariana CM

No Paulette, some units have both AC and heating combined, I have one of thoser so I understand what she is talking about

• Sherlyn F

Inspired to try this on ours. Love the look. Thanks for posting.

• Sandifolk

I'd LUV to do this to ours ! It's so with the crate look & crate projects right now.