Picture Frame Wreath

This picture frame wreath turned out simply ADORABLE! Check it out to see what color I painted it and how I added my own personal touch on my blog!
http://www.re-fabbed.com/fun-diy-picture-frame-wreath-and-spring-blog-hop/
BEFORE

Brooke Riley-Re-Fabbed

• BJ

Looks really pretty! How did you secure the frame so it won't keep bumping door (like rocking back and forth) when opening?

• Teresa Hon

@BJ I made one of these and had to take it down for the very reason you mentioned.

• BJ

I wouldn't want to damage my door either. :-( Thanks for sharing. Sure would like to hear from others if there is a solution to avoid it.

• Bj Rutledge

@BJ for a Christmas decoration that I wanted to avoid the banging , I used suction cups to and bottom that were wired to the wreath. Other possibility is use those 3M clean removal hooks, you know the ones where you stick them on and stretch them to remove them

• BJ

@Bj Rutledge I can see that working for a wreath, but the frame looks a bit heavier, but your idea is worth a shot! Thanks! :)

• Brooke Riley-Re-Fabbed

The frame is very heavy. The wind does not move it at all. It is under a covered porch, so the weather does not affect it. As far as hitting the door- it does move slightly each time the door is opened and closed, so I adhered felt to the edges so that it does not damage the door.

• BJ

@Brooke Riley-Re-Fabbed That's a great idea! Problem solved! Thanks! :-)

• Pmc5457608

For my framed wreath, I used some fuzzy pom pom balls from another project and attached them to the bottom corners on the back with a dot of hot glue. Position them so they don't show.

• Sandra Allen

Another solution is to find a plastic frame. They are lighter and when it's painted, you can't tell the difference. Plus you could mount a frame and the embellishments to a light piece of wood and paint it the same color as your door. Just a thought!

• Epl9192791

You can put a strip of the rubber weather strip behind it, you can also do the same for a large picture frame in the house, it will keep it from tilting back and forth .

• Jo Ellen Gambill Barnett

Doesn't it bang around when you open the door, or even when the wind blows?

• Denise

I decorate my door with similar wreaths. I put the double-sided tape used to affix removable hooks on the base of the wreath. This prevents the frame from hitting the door and the tape removes cleanly.

• Brooke Riley-Re-Fabbed

Good question. I used felt on the back to keep from damaging the door :)

• Mark Jones

We live in West Texas and I'm afraid my neighbors would get it if I didn't chain it to the door.

• Jo Ellen Gambill Barnett

Bummer ! I don't put Xmas decor out in the yard for the same reason but no one has bothered anything hanging on my door !

• Nadia Najjar

Anything I hang on my walls I always put a couple of pieces of "good-old Blu-Tack" behind the bottom edge and gently press it to the wall...! That will hold things and stop them from moving around.