Repurposed Tart Tin and Herb Flower Garden Mantel

Hello Hometalk Friends! For me, nothing says spring quite like a garden. Today I've paired repurposed tart tin flowers with fresh and dried herbs and sprinkled in several DIY projects to create a natural spring mantel. Come join me and other bloggers as we welcome spring...
repurposed tart tin and herb flower garden mantel diymyspring, easter decorations, fireplaces mantels, repurposing upcycling, seasonal holiday decor
If you follow my blog, you know that I try to bring the outdoors inside whenever I can. I also happen to love tart tins and often find them at thrift stores. The shape of these just looked like flowers to me, so I combined them with herbs and dried flowers from my garden to create a unique botanical garden.
Here's how to make your own tart tin flowers. First, you'll need the tart tins. I've found all of mine at thrift stores and yard sales, so be on the look out. Using a paint brush, I painted the center of the tin with mod podge. Find it here
Next, I sprinkled dried flowers (rose petals and lavender buds) to cover the bottom of the tin and waited for them to dry. THIS is the project for saved garden petals that are too pretty to party with!
For the middle flower, I glued one rosebud in the center and covered the rest with lavender. I attached the herbs and tart tins to the picket fence with Simply Tacky. It holds securely and is completely removable--if, or should I say when--I change my mind!
This post was part of Hometalk's blog hop. Be sure to drop by and check out all of the fun spring inspiration!
Here's a few more photos ~ Dried lavender and fresh rosemary are two of my favorites! Need herbs? Find them here
Do you like the aged patina of the pots? I brushed them with watered down spackle.

• Herbs  (https://www.etsy.com/shop/SecretGardenHerbs)
  • Simply Tacky & Mod Podge  (Hobby Lobby)
Cecilia MyThriftStoreAddiction