Michelle E
Michelle E
  • Churubusco, IN

Guest room remodel

Here is a bedroom I remodeled after my son moved out- changed into a guest room. We had to redo the drywall, tear up the carpet and replace part of the floor (window was left cracked and rain came in). I have another view I will ... » post of the other side of the room- replaced the closet door too. My budget was $300...I came in well under that. The Parquet flooring is actually stick down tile from Big
Before 1- carpet ruined, door has hole in it, walls- well look at next photo.
Before 2-you can see the walls are uneven where he decided he wanted to get rid of the wallboard look and paint, but in his haste he failed to sand the seams smooth and paint is chippped.  Note: later he went on to do this sort of work and does it wonderfully now.
Before 2-you can see the walls are uneven where he decided he wanted to get rid of the wallboard look and paint, but in his haste he failed to sand the seams smooth and paint is chippped. Note: later he went on to do this sort of work and does it wonderfully now.
After 1
After 1
After 2
After 2

• Marcy

Precious!! Love the desk. You did great, especially with $300 to work with. Good to give any guest a nice comfy chair and a clean clutter free room of their own to stay in when they visit. Our guest room affords a TV, beautiful bedding and lamps on either side of the bed for reading. But not enough room for a complimentary chair. Our bedrooms are just so small But welcoming all the same.