Amber Tysl
Amber Tysl
  • Belton, SC

Easy Ottoman Makeover

My parents had one of those beat up circular leather ottomans and I just could not let it go. Truthfully, it should have gone to the curb with it's ripped side but I saw new life.
easy ottoman makeover, painted furniture, reupholster
So with a little bit of rope, new material and new feet! It was brand new.
Using a hot glue gun, I literally glued rope around and around the ottoman. You can kind of see the leather peeking through, but it adds character, right?
I spray painted the little feet white and just unscrewed the old feet to make the switch!
Using the same leather (it's marine vinyl fabric) that was in my dining room, I covered the top to protect it from spills!
And it looks brand new!
It was such an easy fix!
Amber Tysl

• Madison Sheah

I love this room, I was wondering where you got your couch and chair slipcovers? I love them and have been thinking about doing the same to mine. My furniture has good bones, but a little outdated. Thanks !

• KKAbsherwrites

IKEA is only good if you go to a store. Having to return a shipped item is beyond ridiculous! 90 minute wait time on phone (no callback), then when they received it, they never refunded the purchase on my card - had to have credit card company dispute the charges. I will never order anything from Ikea again.

• KKAbsherwrites

What a fabulous upcycled! I was wondering about your slipcovers also. Thanks!