Share your garden before and after photos

It's prime gardening season in many places right now and we're getting a lot of questions on Hometalk from members facing challenges with their yards. Sometimes it's an old space with a vexing problem, sometimes it's the blank slate of a new yard. To show you such issues are not insurmountable, I am starting this thread where Hometalk members can show before and after photos from their gardens, and I'll break the ice with two pairs of photos from my own backyard. As the before photos (taken almost exactly three years ago) show, when I bought this neglected little house, the"yard" was nothing but sand and weeds. Today, happily, things look rather different. So start uploading, and let's show folks what can be done!
To say the backyard wasn't a selling point for the house would be an understatement.
Here's the same view today.
While a pair of loquat trees in my neighbor's yard provided some privacy, what stood out most was the chain-link fence.
The loquats have grown, but a whole garden of bee- and butterfly-friendly plants hides the fence.

• Becky (J) P

thanks Doug! AND, we don't have problems with slugs at this house. (in the hostas) Two of the pink peonies aren't blooming yet. Those are my favorite, even though they don't have a scent.

Glad you think so, Laura. Thanks for stopping by.