Susan Nowell @ My Place to Yours
Susan Nowell @ My Place to Yours
  • Jefferson City, TN

How to Have Beautiful Plants ALL Summer Long ... Even When You're Away

I told you the secret to having hanging ferns that are the envy of the neighborhood: http://www.hometalk.com/1427011/how-to-have-hanging-ferns-that-are-the-envy-of-the-neighborhood NOW I'll show you how to keep your flower beds and container plants looking great all Summer long ... even when it's HOT ... even when you're away on vacation! Interested?
Do you want to have gorgeous, low-maintenance flower beds?
Seriously gorgeous?
Seriously gorgeous?
This shady side yard AND our sunny flower beds stay looking good even through the hot Summer.  What's the secret?
This shady side yard AND our sunny flower beds stay looking good even through the hot Summer. What's the secret?
A Rainbird automatic watering system we purchased from Home Depot -- and it's a DIY project!
Here's a close-up of one of the spray heads.
See how gently it mists the plants?  Just as I showed you with the hanging ferns, the system is connected to a water faucet and a timer.  In the heat of Summer, we water twice a day for 10 minutes each time.
See how gently it mists the plants? Just as I showed you with the hanging ferns, the system is connected to a water faucet and a timer. In the heat of Summer, we water twice a day for 10 minutes each time.
You can even use this system with your container plants.  Here's a close-up of a drip head.
You can even use this system with your container plants. Here's a close-up of a drip head.
And here's a pot of strawberries with a spray-style head.  Guess what?  I'm headed out of town soon, and I don't have to ask a neighbor to water the plants -- or come home to dead ones!  Wouldn't you like to say the same?  You can!
And here's a pot of strawberries with a spray-style head. Guess what? I'm headed out of town soon, and I don't have to ask a neighbor to water the plants -- or come home to dead ones! Wouldn't you like to say the same? You can!
Susan Nowell @ My Place to Yours