File Cabinet Flip

We needed some extra storage in our office area for files and paperwork. It's a more formal space so the traditional metal file cabinet would be a real eye sore. And... with no closet to tuck it away, I needed to find a way to hide the file cabinet in plain site. This makeover was simple and changed the look of this $20 Craigslist find completely! (My last file cabinet makeover was in Better Homes and Gardens... you can take a peek at that one here!)

Believe it or not, this file cabinet was $20 and DEFinitely not worthy of prime time floor space in our home office until I gave it a makeover!

I was looking for a file cabinet with removable hardware and one that wasn't super deep.

The hardware got a coat of gold spray paint.

To make it feel more like a piece of furniture, I added legs also!

A credit card was my most useful tool with this project as I used wood grain contact paper to cover the ugly metal. I painted the drawer fronts with chalk paint.

Looks MUCH more fitting for a room like this than the dented metal one I came home with!

To see some of the other furniture makeovers I've done thanks to Craigslist, visit my page full of Furniture Fixer uppers.

It still looks like a file cabinet, but... like I said, with some contact paper and chalk paint, it fits into this formal office area a *little* better! Click my blog link below for source list to materials I used for this makeover!
Stop by and say hi! At Charlotte's House

Everything Red For Canada Day
The Best Nautical Home Decor Ideas To Try Right Now
15 Bathroom Upgrades That You Can Totally DIY
Jazz Up Your Bathroom With These 30 Stylish Additions
Super Cool Painting Techniques You've Probably Never Seen!
Here's How You Can DIY The Hottest Home Decor Trends of 2018
30 Jaw-Dropping Decorating Techniques You've Never Seen Before
24 Update Ideas To Make Your Kitchen Look Fabulous
3 Creative Eye Catching Rug Projects That No One Else Has!
4 Chemical-Free Ways To Clean In Your Home
21 Ways To Use Those Pickle Jars You've Been Saving
At Charlotte's House

• Linda Sikut

How did you fix the dent? Or does it just not show with the update?

• She16902363

Raleigh, NC
    I'm with "Shopper530"....how did u get the dent out of top drawer? I have filing cabinets just like these and they have dents on front and sides.
  • She16902363

How did you get the dent out of top drawer? I have filing cabinets just like these and they have dents on front and sides. Raleigh, NC

• Kri24004745

use an auto dent puller they work great on dents on metal

• Andre Gouin

Nice job and here people put them at the end of there driveway for free

• Momo s

Not necessarily related, but I have to say that I have almost that same dresser down to the two key holes. My top two drawers are reversed and I have wooden knobs of the same finish as the dresser though.