Ireland in a Mason Jar (Happy St. Patrick's Day!)

After a visit to Ireland many years ago, I decided to recreate the Irish countryside in a vintage mason jar to celebrate St. Patrick's Day!

ireland in a mason jar happy st patrick s day, crafts, mason jars, seasonal holiday decor

Since this is an Ireland-themed project, I decided a vintage green mason jar would be perfect! I just love a vintage mason jar, don't you?

I placed a few pieces of moss in the bottom of my jar, like the peat layer in the ground in Ireland.

Then, to recreate the pastoral hills of the Irish countryside, I gathered a few faux moss covered rocks. My original blog post discusses where I purchased all of my materials.

To the rocks, I created "stone fences", like you see across The Burren in Ireland! Can you guess what I used to create this?

And then, I added everything to the jar! Aren't those little sheep the cutest? You can find out where I got them HERE in my original post! 

There you have it- Ireland in a Jar! Happy St. Patrick's Day!
Sadie Seasongoods