Judy V
Judy V
  • Snellville, GA
Asked on Mar 8, 2012

clean constrution dust

Tami Mishel LJudy VDan's of Central Florida, Inc.
+2

what do I do first to start getting off the constrution dust and drywall dust off my furniture.
  • Judy, remove any cushions that you can, take them outside and beat them around. Next use a vacuum on them and any other things you can. Beyond that, it is dusting and such. It may take a couple rounds of cleaning to get it all.

• Judy V

Thank you for the suggestions but this doesn't answer my question because it's on wood furniture no cushions

• Tami Mishel L

Start with a solution of water and Joy dish detergent. mix it like you were going to wash dishes and put a wash cloth in it and wring it out very good. then wipe it down and dry it. The wet solution will keep the "dust" from leaving fine scratches. make sure you apply some dusting spray to your dusting cloth and go back over it to condition it. Been in the cleaning business for 12 yrs. Trust me this works!

• Judy V

Thanks, do I use endust after that? The furnture is not real wood.

• Tami Mishel L

If it is not real wood I wouldn't worry about using Endust.