Jeanette S
Jeanette S
  • Hometalk Helper
  • Atlanta, GA

ANTS? Easy, Safe Solution!

An exterminator told my friend that when you begin to see ants, they are the scouts. Stop these and you won't have ants. My son discovered that if you spray them with Windex (or any other glass cleaner), they are exterminated. Keep after it for a while and you won't have ants. We have used this for years. 2 days ago our humming bird feeder leaked onto the concrete front porch...the liquid got down in the crack between brick and concrete so there was not way to flush it out. Ants appeared quickly, I sprayed them with Windex. Watched through the day and kept spraying them. Now ant free! Safe for kids, pets and environment! It is worth a try before you spend hundreds.
Ants lying in Windex.
Ants lying in Windex.

• Fra15077665

I'm still waiting for an answer to my question of will vinegar & window cleaner get rid of the little centipedes that look like worms? It said there were 2 answers to it but I could not find them. Fran

• Jeanette S

I have never had centipedes so I don't know how to get rid of them. I have used rubbing alcohol on ants and it works too! Just keep trying different things...keeping in mind children and pets!

• Gor22304448

I have tiny bugs that I can't identify, crawlers, don't fly on windows and door. Bug spray kills them, but they return . Any ideas how to get rid of?
    • Jeanette S

I have had success using Pine Sol...spray it on and then wipe it off slightly...leaving a good residue. It is a disinfectant too!

• Carol Jean Ferguson

Sprayed baseboard with Windex after a sudden invasion around cat dish. Never reappeared.

• Jeanette S

Fantastic! One point I was trying to stress was that the first ants you see are the "scouts" and if you get rid of these by wiping out their trail, the do not get back to signal the nest. Good luck!

• Kathy

I need a sil to get rid of earwigs