AK Complete Home Renovations
AK Complete Home Renovations
  • Marietta, GA
Asked on Mar 8, 2012

Would You Like Two Different Cabinet Colors In Your Kitchen?

Geo10014807Karin From B'hamJudi
+26

Accent islands are pretty common now, but what about base cabinets that are different from the wall cabinets? Take it - or - Leave it?
q would you like two different cabinet colors in your kitchen, home decor, kitchen design, kitchen island, painting
  • Peace Painting Co., Inc.

Clearly take it! CP

• Vanessa L

Im in the process of choosing cabinets now, So this gives me yet another option..LOL I think it looks great! But you defiantly would have to have the backsplash and countertops to tie it together. I would take it!

• I am old school I guess. I don't even like different island cabinetry.

• Carol

Take it! We like to draw outside the lines. :)

• Ginger H

I like the photo on the right very much!

• 3po3

I'm not sold on it. It kind of looks like people were indecisive or could only afford to replace one part of the cabinets at a time.

• Teri Uliasz Boyungs

I like the idea of a different color accent island, but not the upper and lowers.

• Way to go Carol & Ginger - be bold! =) Steve, that is an all new way to think about Phased Remodeling. It's not a look for everyone, accent islands are still a great way to bring some additional colors & interest! Does anyone have an opinion on if they like this better with wood stains or paint?

• It's a great look....especially as well done as these projects were. It's so important to select a contractor for kitchen & baths...who KNOWS kitchens and baths. With every post, AK demonstrates a depth of know-how with great results. Thanks for sharing!

• Betty

Looks great to me

• Andrea R

I did that last year. Ours looks fantastic, if i could figure our how to post pix i would!

• Terri J

Take it - variety is the spice of life!

• Designs by BSB

YES please! I LOVE 2 finishes .. especially when its outside of the typical of my world (island stained, painted perimeter) Stained base and painted uppers ... love love. It gives character .. and works very well in kitchens that are small rooms or that struggle with focal - it keeps the eye UP!

• Rachel M

I would have loved it if you would have done "SOME" black accents on the top maybe a few black diamonds just to marry the two....But love the look! And no I certainly would rather the paint not the stain!!!

• Love it ! That's how I am gonna do my kitchen now :)

• Karen

I was looking for a way to update my stock oak cabinets. Will definitely be doing black bases and white/with a tiny tint of grey on top. Love the look! Already have stainless appliances.

• Karin From B'ham

Absolutely YES. Different colors on top/bottom cabinets gives a furniture type of look. I would definitely do this, especially if renovating a kitchen and updating existing cabinets.

• Carol

Love it! I hope to paint the cabinets in my a dark blue for the base, white for the uppers.

• Debbie Angel

I helped remodel my Mom's kitchen back in 1995. I chose to paint her cabinets white on top and williamsburg blue on base. It was beautiful. So, yes. I love the idea!

• Shiree McCarver

I think if in the first it had the black and white flooring it would make it blend better and people will assume it was deliberate. As it is some may assume you just haven't gotten around to painting the other cabinets yet and everyone that comes in will be saying..." I think I like the black cabinets or I like the white cabinets better" as if you were waiting for someone to advise you on which way to go. lol

• Sandra Walker

No. I don't really like it. But on the bottom picture, I love the top cabinets that are cream colored. With a hint of brown in them. Beautiful. I guess I could put up with an island that's the same color that's in the cream colored cabinets. But my dream kitchen is a black & white 12X12 tiled floor with red old vintage (but in fantastic shape) appliances and white cabinets. I saw it on television one time and I fell in love with it. I don't remember what color they painted the walls, but the appliances were brand new. It was a beautiful kitchen. Maybe one day. ;)

• Anna @Annabode

We have gray lower cabinets and white upper cabinets--and love it!

• Maria Gonzalez

I love it! Being bold makes a great statement in this kitchen.

• Sharon C

I close on my new house Monday and the cabinets are wood with years of use (68'). This is exactly what I am going to do with them using Rustoleum Cabinet Transformation. Sage on top and Espresso on the bottom.

• Dee

Let us know how they come out. I have heard various opinions on using Rustoleum Cabinet transformations. Such as not having enough product to finish the job, to very tedious. I have been contemplating this myself, but with 31 doors and 9 drawers I need help deciding how to proceed.

• Patricia

I am going to do this too.....sooooon. I think it looks beautiful.

• Judi

No, don't like it..al cabinets should be the lighter color..all one color! Even if the color were a shade of green/ blue/lavender. Etc etc

• Karin From B'ham

I like this look a lot. It gives cabinets more of a furniture quality than "big box cookie cutter" vibe.

• Geo10014807

Looks very nice!