Asked on Mar 8, 2012

how do you know where to put living room furniture?

Denise HardyJan Britt InteriorsKMS Woodworks
+8

i don't have a focal point. don't really plan on getting a TV. So now what?
  • 3po3

It's hard to offer much advice without seeing the space or the furniture. I had a similar question a few months back and posted a little sketch with my room layout and the pieces I have. A bunch of other Hometalkers were really helpful.

• KMS Woodworks

We moved our TV out of the living room more than a year ago...we set up the seating for some views out our nice picture windows...but also for some "face to face" siting for socializing. Side tables provide light for reading etc.

q how do you know where to put living room furniture, home decor, living room ideas, painted furniture, opposite these is our couch The wood stove insert is off to the right
  • Bernice H

@KMS....I love love love the furniture! Good taste and nicely done! So inviting!

• KMS Woodworks

@bernice...thanks. We got a killer deal on these as they were "show room" samples. That love seat is some fancy designer piece that listed for about $3500...we got is for about $900...the chair was an equally good deal

• Susan S

Aha!! I knew it - I saw this leather chair in something else of yours awhile back and asked if you had any idea of the mfgrs name??? Just curious that's all. I've been priviledged to be able to work w/some wonderful "high end" furniture lines and of course a chair like this has such classic lines that practically every furniture line has some variation. The tooled leather on the back is to die for and nailhead trim always adds class & elegance. I also noticed the carving on the settee and I LOVE the fact that you didn't feel "compelled" to be matchy matchy w/the leather. Gives the room an acquired feel as though these pieces might have been precious family heirlooms - or at least on their way to being so!! BTW - How r those ducks?? LOL

• Donna McCrummen

Don't put the furniture up against the wall. Keep moving it around until you get it right.

• Ranae N

KMS Woodworks... nice idea... I also have big windows ... might try something like that next, except there are palm trees outside mine!

• Do what most women do - get your poor husband to move the furniture about 6-10 times until you have it where you want it, LOL No - my wife is NOT reading this! ;o)

• KMS Woodworks

Ranae...that snow pictured on the deck is melted now...but our snow season is far from over...March and April are typically our snowiest.

• Jan Britt Interiors

I would be happy to give you ideas. I would love to see a picture so I can help you better.

• Denise Hardy

Yes, I agree with Jan Britt Interiors - we would be much better equipped to advise you if you posted either a drawing of your room and where items are placed now or a photo with possible dimensions of the room and the items you have :)