Witwisdomfood
Witwisdomfood
  • Concord, CA

Penny Tiled Table

$

Side table found at the thrift store and repurposed. Tiled with pennies and covered in epoxy to make a smooth place for drinks with out needing a coaster. http://www.witwisdomandfood.com/2013/05/lucky-penny-or-pennies.html
The table shortly after it came home from the thrift store. The center had cheap linoleum that was peeling at the corners
I painted it with Martha Stewart Plumage and attached the pennies with gorilla glue
After the pennies were dried I put tape around the edge and poured in the epoxy. The tape helped keep the epoxy where I wanted it.
When the epoxy had cured enough to not be oozing I peeled the tape off and then waited a day for it to cure more. Then taped it off and sanded spots where the epoxy had leaked a little and added a second coat of paint
The finished project has a nice clear coat and I can set my coffee cup on it with out worrying about a coaster
The finished project
The finished project
Witwisdomfood

• Barb

Oh thank you! I am SO doing this! Beautiful!

• Barbara Kautz Roberts

I am going to use this technique to cover the bottom of a wood serving tray.
    Thanks for the good information!