DIY Jewelry Storage

Hi there Hometalk Friends! I'm in the middle of my March Madness, 31 Thrifty Makeovers in 31 Days Series on my blog and I thought I would pop over here and share one of my favorites with ya'll! I found these gorgeous aqua dishes at the thrift store and I just had to bring them home with me:
diy jewelry storage, crafts, repurposing upcycling, storage ideas
Pretty, huh? I also picked two candlesticks like the one you see below. I chose these three dishes...
To create the perfect place to store the jewelry I use most often!
I was able to unscrew the ends of each candlestick and then used my miter saw to cut two pieces that looked proportionate for this project.
I found that cutting them at the wider parts worked best. I spray painted them and sanded them. Then attached everything together using E6000 glue.
I love that I can easily find the pieces of jewelry I use most often.
This was so simple to make and with all the options in beautiful china out there, the possibilities are endless!
I hope you enjoyed this quick project. If you're interested in all 31, hop on over to my blog and check out my Project Gallery at the link below to see what I've transformed so far, and opt follow long while you're there to see the rest!Have a great day!
Confessions of a Serial DIYer

• Beth

love this idea & the dishes. do you think that glue is better than gorilla glue ? thanks for responding

• Thanks, Beth! I have only used gorilla glue once and if I remember correctly, it puffed up so to speak...that doesn't happen with the E6000. LOVE that stuff! I also used it to glue paper clips onto the back of plates I have in a plate gallery wall in my bedroom and they've held up perfectly for almost 3 years. 😊

• Aud S

Did you remove the handle from the cup?

• Carolyn

Where do you find the E6000 glue at Lowe's Walmart?

• Yolanda Espinoza

Great idea! Even as a gift, for your teens more expensive out! Stuff for the bathroom & bedroom, as a house worming party!! A larger one for kitchen fruit too!

• Ann Fields

Very nice , shabby chic look !