Bedroom Board And Batten Wall

This board and batten wall just added the icing on the cake for me in our bedroom!
This is wall before the board and batten.
After our built ins in our bedroom where finished in our bedroom my vision for the bedroom was not finished. I wanted to do this board and batten wall, their is so many styles out there for this type of wall, you just have to find what you like. It is a long wall where the bed sits up against , so with the help of my husband we decided on the look of it together.
We used M D F Boards and he cut them in strips about 3" wide and spaced them about 27" apart on the length of the wall. We went up in height with the boards 3/4 of the way on the wall. Then we used a piece of crown molding across the length of the wall which has a shelf in behind if you want to place photos or something.
Their is my handy husband busy, he loves doing this type of work. It makes it nice when you want something done like this and he doesn't mind the challenge of something new.
Priming the pieces before paint.
Its always a good idea not to skip this process, the priming I know its a hassle but its so necessary when you go the all this work you want to do it right. I just took a couple of days and did priming and painting, was so happy when I could actually put the Cloud White paint on the wall and boards !
So here is the room finished now, we painted it Cloud White to go with the built ins as well in our bedroom. We purchased a new Bed frame from Ikea. We did this room on a budget the wall was about $75 to do plus time .
I am so pleased with the outcome of it. I may get an area rug at the end of the bed and I have a Goodwill chandelier to spray paint next which will take the place of a ceiling fan.
A few props added to take photos fresh flowers and a tray.
Those are my D I Y lamps spray painted for $10 for the pair I already had the shades for them, perfect fit I must say!
Its nice to see it all come together, It really is nice to have a bedroom you enjoy walking into and sleeping in. This has been a long time in the making for me, other projects where at the top of the list.
So there it is complete with some patience and vision you don't have to spend a ton of money to do a room.
These projects are all on the blog .

To see more: https://lookingforpotential.com

• Kay

My walls are only 7ft. high in a quite small room. Can you suggest a height to take the board to to make the room appear larger..or a color ways that would help (lighter/darker on top/bottom) Been wanting to tackle this since I moved in a year ago 🙄

• Sandra Powell

Hi so it’s a little lower than a standard height ceiling, so I would only go up 5ft

Measure first and maybe do a line with painters tape to visualize it. I also would keep it light . I did gray on top and cloud white on bottom. You can use other soft tones that you prefer. .. but I would keep it light being it’s a smaller wall in height. Hope that helps...

• Connie

I love board and batten. I'm xonfused. What does this comment mean, "Then we used a piece of crown molding across the length of the wall which has a shelf in behind if you want to place photos or something"? What has a shelf behind? Thanks.

• Sandra Powell

Hi, We just capped it off with crown moulding instead of a piece of regular trim that lays flat. Are you familiar the way crown sits up at the ceiling? So when we installed it at An angle at that height in our bedroom wall it had a small ledge sorta speak so something could rest on ii because my husband filled it in with a piece of wood . Crown sits at an angle so putting it like we did a piece of wood was used to fill it in. Hope that all makes sense?

• Becky Sheffield

I'm confused about your cove base. Did you remove it and replace it back on top of the bottom horizontal board? If this is the case, does it not stick out alot at the bottom?

• Debbie Brown

Beautiful...I've been wanting to do this in my dinning room!! Thanks for showing me how to achieve such a great look at a great price

• Carole gerst

Wow!! You gave me a great idea of how I'm going to do my living room but make it look like an old-fashioned kind of like library