Donna McCrummen
Donna McCrummen
  • Bernardsville, NJ
Asked on Mar 9, 2012

Good Morning Talkers, I'm stuck at home today without a car. I want to add a glaze to an old cedar chest I've painted.

Donna McCrummenTerri JThe Empty Nest
+7

Who has the best homemade recipe for glaze?
  • The Empty Nest

I think I read in one of Annie Sloan's older books that she added mineral spirits to her dark wax to create a glaze..what do you think?

• Donna McCrummen

Janet - I will definitely give that a try....on a test board of course. I love your latest beachy cabinet!

• Did you try it? I'm going to start doing a few pieces in my "spare" time

• Donna McCrummen

I will try it today HandyANDY - I also want to remove wax - only the wax not the stain - from a table top so I can seal it with Varathane. I'm going to try wiping it down with mineral spirits.

• Did you paint the chest with water or oil based products?

• Donna McCrummen

Annie Sloan Chalk Paint...

• The Empty Nest

flying off the New Orleans sunday to meet the queen herself...annie Sloan!!!! I'm so excited!!

• Donna McCrummen

I've considered going to the workshop in Leesburg but am not sure what I would get out of it. I've already taken Patty's workshop and have been practicing the different techniques. Bragging rights may be worth the trip "Trained by Annie Sloan" -- sorry can't call her the Queen as I'm the only Queen in my book. LOL Have a great time and a safe trip.

• Terri J

If we don't call our ownselves Queen, then who else will? (lol). Sorry you are stuck at home without a car today, but at least you have a project to work on... I would rahter do that then the laundry, etc that I put off until today.

• Donna McCrummen

Janet - how was the workshop?