Repurposed Red Wagon Sewing Machine Base Storage Table

For no other reason than to try to find ways to use up all the sewing machine bases I have and to get rid of red wagon parts, this new creation sprang forth. Plus, I'm rich with vintage wire gym baskets.
I've seen folks make ice trays and beverage carts before but I decided to "turn things over" and make it a table top to hold the wire baskets for storage in just about any room. Store towels in a bathroom. Hold detergents and supplies in a laundry room. Keep cookbooks in the kitchen. Store toys away in a child's room.
As you can tell if you follow my work, I'll use just about any chance I get to use vintage yardsticks! Some vintage square measuring sticks serve as guides on the table top to slide the baskets in and out. A piece from a vintage piano I took apart acts as a bumper along the back so the baskets won't slide to far back.
Repurposed Red Wagon Sewing Machine Base Storage Table by GadgetSponge
I used a found metal screen for the gym baskets to slide and rest on. Some old measuring sticks are used for guides and a vintage part from a piano is used as a back bumper. Repurposed Red Wagon Sewing Machine Base Storage Table by G
Old faucet/valve handles serve as posts to hang aprons, clothes, bags, etc. Repurposed Red Wagon Sewing Machine Base Storage Table by GadgetSponge
An antique Singer sewing machine base with distressed green paint serves as a solid base. Repurposed Red Wagon Sewing Machine Base Storage Table by GadgetSponge
Wheels from the Radio Flyer wagon adorn each side. Repurposed Red Wagon Sewing Machine Base Storage Table by GadgetSponge
Old boards and thick, vintage yardsticks size up both ends. Repurposed Red Wagon Sewing Machine Base Storage Table by GadgetSponge
Vintage gym locker baskets are so fun to use in any project. Repurposed Red Wagon Sewing Machine Base Storage Table by GadgetSponge

GadgetSponge.com

• Bjh489078

I really love this, I am looking for some old sewing machines. My Mother was a seamstress and I love to sew so this would be very special to me!!!!

• B. Enne

so cool and original!