Industrial Stool Nightstands

I love when good ideas strike! I have been working on finishing our guest bedroom for what seems like forever, and we are finally finished with it! In the midst of decorating, my husband and I found these industrial stools on sale for only $14 a piece! I literally stood in the aisle for ten minutes staring at the price sign to make sure I was seeing it correctly. These stools usually go for $40-$60 a piece easy, so we bought four of them, even though we had no where to put them. Eventually I came up with the idea to use them as nightstands in the guest room, with a little DIY shelf we made that doubles as a serving tray for our guests! They turned out better than I hoped they would!
I wanted the shelves to have the wooden plank look, so we used 1×2 inch furring strips. We cut them to the size we needed, stained them with my favorite wood stain, then attached them all together with two strips underneath and screws.
I think they turned out great and with a little extra styling they are one of my favorite pieces in our guest room!
And when guests are over, they just remove the decor and the planked shelf doubles as a serving tray! Cute and functional, what's not to love!?

Ashley Broviak - Little Glass Jar

• Pam Sandland

Where did U find these stool @ $14/ea? I paid almost $70 for mine. Nightstands look great.

• Aga1913724

I bought two at Sam's Club a couple of years ago. $9 each. Have no idea why they were so cheap but they were the only ones in the store. I cut mine down to counter height.

• Eroque022810

Can you tell me how wide they are on the bottom,please.

• David Adams

Ashley, thank you for the inspiration. Such a simple design we were looking for in bedroom. Farmhouse industrial is our taste and this worked. Shelf from old coffee table I repurposed. :-) .

• M

I loved this. It inspired me to use a tray I’ve had around the house for years along with most of the other items. I actually put this near the entry way. Almost all these items I either had or got at Goodwill. Thank you for the ideal.