Industrial Stool Nightstands

I love when good ideas strike! I have been working on finishing our guest bedroom for what seems like forever, and we are finally finished with it! In the midst of decorating, my husband and I found these industrial stools on sale for only $14 a piece! I literally stood in the aisle for ten minutes staring at the price sign to make sure I was seeing it correctly. These stools usually go for $40-$60 a piece easy, so we bought four of them, even though we had no where to put them. Eventually I came up with the idea to use them as nightstands in the guest room, with a little DIY shelf we made that doubles as a serving tray for our guests! They turned out better than I hoped they would!
I wanted the shelves to have the wooden plank look, so we used 1×2 inch furring strips. We cut them to the size we needed, stained them with my favorite wood stain, then attached them all together with two strips underneath and screws.
I think they turned out great and with a little extra styling they are one of my favorite pieces in our guest room!
And when guests are over, they just remove the decor and the planked shelf doubles as a serving tray! Cute and functional, what's not to love!?

Inspirational Ideas for Spring Flowers
15 DIY Projects That Will Make You Say "WOW!"
31 Creative Ways To Fill Empty Wall Space
30 Jaw-Dropping Decorating Techniques You've Never Seen Before
Hometalk's Top 20 DIY Crafts For Kids
Valentine's Day Is Getting Closer! Get Ready With These Lovely Ideas
Ashley Broviak - Little Glass Jar

• Pam Sandland
    Pam Sandland

Where did U find these stool @ $14/ea? I paid almost $70 for mine. Nightstands look great.

• Aga1913724
      Aga1913724

I bought two at Sam's Club a couple of years ago. $9 each. Have no idea why they were so cheap but they were the only ones in the store. I cut mine down to counter height.

• Eroque022810
    Eroque022810

Can you tell me how wide they are on the bottom,please.

• David Adams
    David Adams

Ashley, thank you for the inspiration. Such a simple design we were looking for in bedroom. Farmhouse industrial is our taste and this worked. Shelf from old coffee table I repurposed. :-) .

• M
    M

I loved this. It inspired me to use a tray I’ve had around the house for years along with most of the other items. I actually put this near the entry way. Almost all these items I either had or got at Goodwill. Thank you for the ideal.