Sherrie S
Sherrie S
  • Debary, FL
Asked on Mar 9, 2012

Wind Mitigation and Insurance & $$

Sherrie SDan's of Central Florida, Inc.

If you live in Florida (I'm not sure about other states) this may save you a lot of money. You need to make an appointment with a certified wind mitigation inspector. I had this done and I save hundreds of $$ a year on my insurance. Same on my rental house.
My home was re-certified last week because the insurance company required it and paid for it because it was a recertification. The inspector told me I would continue getting the insurance credit & the prior inspector did a very good job.
  • Very good info there Sherrie, thanks for reminding us all. :)

• Sherrie S

Dan I was very unhappy when my insurance company required me to recertify. I thought WHY when my original vendor was certified. The insurance company paid for the recertify so I can't complain I thought the ONLY reason for recertify is so the insurance company can charge me more money. I was wrong. The new inspector complimented my last inspector & my insurance credits are the same.