What can home remodelers do to improve performance and homeowner happiness?

It can be a challenge if you don't know what you don't know.
Every remodeler thinks they do a great job. I would like your opinion on where contractors fall short without even knowing it, and how they could improve their performance.

• I agree KMS, but trust needs to be established when a homeowner first meets a contractor. Establishing trust with someone you have just met can be very challanging. Part of the reason I posted this question was to gain a deeper understanding of how the process is for the homeowner. It's easy for contractors to complain about dificulties in dealing with a prospective client. My thought is that the more we can see the process througe the clients eyes , the easier communication will be and the sooner we will earn the homeowners trust.

• I communicate with my clients the way I would want a contractor to communicate with me as a homeowner. I listen, ask needs, goals, favorite colors, plants, themes, problems, look at their pictures of what they like or suggest. Show them my pictures, client pictures. I expect this back from a contractor. I just spoke to one regarding home repairs and he listened, and spoke to me without bragging about how great he is. He is coming over tomorrow for an estimate. I'll see if he is as good and effecient as he sounded.