The Wicker House
The Wicker House
  • Meridian, ID

How to Recycle a Coffee Can Into a Planter Bucket

Got some old coffee cans laying around? How about recycling them into cute Planter Buckets!
how to recycle a coffee can into a planter bucket, container gardening, crafts, gardening, how to, repurposing upcycling
The first step is to drink all of the coffee :) The second step is to wash and remove the label from the can.
Spray paint the can in whatever color you wish, I painted mine white.
Drill a hole into both sides of the can, this is so you can add a piece of rope for a handle.
The last step is to decorate the can. I hot glued clothesline rope and seashells to mine. To see the full tutorial of my recycled coffee can planter buckets, and to veiw other projects like this one, please visit my blog, The Wicker House
The Wicker House

• Torridbabe53

can plastic containers work....

• Connie Dawson

Plastic?

• Nancy Flemming

yes, the ones I have are already red and I just had to remove the labels, add stones into the bottom for drainage before adding soil. These can be painted and decorated to your liking

• Patty Johnson

Question : I have so many plastic coffee containers.. the blue ones mostly. I wanted to make bird feeders or nesternester out of them but wasn't sure of how too. There's no washing the labels off..would have to be painted.. besides my ideas, can they be used for flower pots to ? Even being weird shapes with the handles ? Thanks.. PJ
  • Joyce

do you need drainage Holes????

• Leslie Connolly

Can I use regular paint?

• Nicanor

Woooow genial..I throw out all my coffe cans, no more I'll copy you idea.

• Susan Haynes

I used a plastic paint pail that wall paint comes in that I cleaned well and spray painted it with the made for plastic spray paint!