From Simple Screened Porch to Entertaining Oasis *Cheap

$100

For about $50 I turned our "nice" screened porch into and outdoor cozy, homey space that beckons us all to kick our shoes off and curl up on the sofa for a evening movie, afternoon chat with a pal and even a comfy napping nook, complete with light down comforters and pure white linens. Perfect for those overnight guests or myself.
Before the renovation, which included ripping out that overheard vinyl ceiling and opening up the space.
Cleaning...
By the way, Home Depot ran out of the promo (since I took them all, lol. But Lowes honored the same deal. Awesome
I lucked out and hit a heck of a sale at Home Depot. This little stack was on bottom shelf,very inconspicuous looking & I was sure there must be an error since just 1 dropcloth was the same brand, size & price as two in this pack.
Big Lots or Walmart pks of 6 to 8 size according to your mounting rod.
After Ceiling removal
I was already excited at the difference with removing the old white ceiling.
Found this incredible vintage Pottery Barn solid wood sofa w/ all down feathers, for $30 on Craiglist. Woohoo! Replaced covers to match decor,
Pin tucked classic
From Car bay looking into porch
Vintage porch light re-visioned into a candle lantern
My entire inspiraton was to have a sleeping porch. I built the screened porch over 12 years ago, but never thought to add a bed. And pure white vintage linens from my years if collecting were a must,
After adding sliding shutters to block out evening sun.
My favorite vacation spot, And it barely cost a thing.

• Anna M Rivera

I love your screen porch room. It's exactly the idea I've been looking for. Thanks for creating a beautiful place. I know you enjoy it. I hope that when I use your ideas it'll look just as good Thanks

• Ardale

What a great idea and looks so comfy and inviting! I imagine it's nice and cool when there's a breeze on the wind too! I'd love to be able to do this with my upper deck. It would make the perfect place to do it except I'd never get my husband to let me completely enclose it! We have wildlife that comes up on our deck at night and early mornings so my deck would have to be completely closed to keep them out. Oh well maybe someday and in the meantime I'm keeping your pretty porch in my favorites list just in case I do talk him into doing ours!  Thanks for the inspiration and for sharing with the rest of us.
  • Marva

We just recently moved to a place that has a screened in front porch..Im so excited about your ideas!!!Can't wait to get started on the makeover..mite have the hubby issues also but it will happen..lol