Making a Fairy Home From an Old Stump

60K Views
Last years projects consumed my life! This year I have felt a little sad, as absolutely nothing seemed needing to be created, just constant upkeep. I adore creating something from nothing, I crave it and need it like oxygen! For some reason, this morning I saw the old tree stumps in our yard that have been used for potted plants and voila, fairy villages began to breathe life into the dark, void I used to call my mind. It's so nice to see color blooming inside my mind again! Yay! I like to start at the beginning so welcome to my world of 'nothing but an ugly tree stump!'
Difficulty: Easy
  • making a fairy home from an old stump, gardening, outdoor living, A little more added on the door is temporary until I find or make a round hobbit door It s a campfire and a bar above the bench I have a hole where a slide will go to ride into the lake I will create on the next bend
A little more added on, the door is temporary until I find or make a round hobbit door. It's a campfire and a bar above the bench. I have a hole where a slide will go to ride into the lake I will create on the next bend.
  • making a fairy home from an old stump, gardening, outdoor living, Hand carved I really could use some nice tools but for now I use what I have
Hand carved! I really could use some nice tools but for now I use what I have!
  • making a fairy home from an old stump, gardening, outdoor living
  • making a fairy home from an old stump, gardening, outdoor living, It took a half a day to do this BUT I learned a lot Next section will be carved much better
It took a half a day to do this BUT I learned a lot. Next section will be carved much better!
A year later...surrounded in spices and fairy flowers...Kind of wanting to do another one but torn as to whether I want to do it outside or create one that I can keep in the house next!

Suggested materials for this project: