Making a Fairy Home From an Old Stump

Last years projects consumed my life! This year I have felt a little sad, as absolutely nothing seemed needing to be created, just constant upkeep. I adore creating something from nothing, I crave it and need it like oxygen! For some reason, this morning I saw the old tree stumps in our yard that have been used for potted plants and voila, fairy villages began to breathe life into the dark, void I used to call my mind. It's so nice to see color blooming inside my mind again! Yay! I like to start at the beginning so welcome to my world of 'nothing but an ugly tree stump!'
A little more added on, the door is temporary until I find or make a round hobbit door. It's a campfire and a bar above the bench. I have a hole where a slide will go to ride into the lake I will create on the next bend.
Hand carved! I really could use some nice tools but for now I use what I have!
It took a half a day to do this BUT I learned a lot. Next section will be carved much better!
A year later...surrounded in spices and fairy flowers...Kind of wanting to do another one but torn as to whether I want to do it outside or create one that I can keep in the house next!

• Shirley Swenson

did you protect your stump with anything so it would last longer?

• Wendy B

No, I'm sad to say I didn't have the knowledge of what is to come. All that work has vanished into mush. It broke my heart but then I realized I had many more opportunities and knew better for the next one. I am working on fully cut down stumps and hollowing for lights. I will absolutely spray it to preserve it this time.

• Wendy B

Thank you. The little one is a friends daughter and so cute.

• CD

I don't have a question - mine is a comment. First of all - you have a Wonderful imagination! Your daughter is very blessed! I know if I were a bird, or even an insect for that matter, I would love to come to your place to hang out at night - free of charge - Lol! It looks like an insects paradise!