Making a Fairy Home From an Old Stump

Last years projects consumed my life! This year I have felt a little sad, as absolutely nothing seemed needing to be created, just constant upkeep. I adore creating something from nothing, I crave it and need it like oxygen! For some reason, this morning I saw the old tree stumps in our yard that have been used for potted plants and voila, fairy villages began to breathe life into the dark, void I used to call my mind. It's so nice to see color blooming inside my mind again! Yay! I like to start at the beginning so welcome to my world of 'nothing but an ugly tree stump!'
A little more added on, the door is temporary until I find or make a round hobbit door. It's a campfire and a bar above the bench. I have a hole where a slide will go to ride into the lake I will create on the next bend.
Hand carved! I really could use some nice tools but for now I use what I have!
It took a half a day to do this BUT I learned a lot. Next section will be carved much better!
A year later...surrounded in spices and fairy flowers...Kind of wanting to do another one but torn as to whether I want to do it outside or create one that I can keep in the house next!

Hometalk's Top 20 DIY Crafts For Kids
3 Creative Eye Catching Rug Projects That No One Else Has!
3 Great Ideas To Easily Upgrade Your Window
3 Ideas To Use Terracotta Pots You Definitely Haven't Seen Before
These Bathroom Makeovers Might Inspire You To Update Your Own
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper

• Shirley Swenson
    Shirley Swenson

did you protect your stump with anything so it would last longer?

• Wendy B
      Wendy B

No, I'm sad to say I didn't have the knowledge of what is to come. All that work has vanished into mush. It broke my heart but then I realized I had many more opportunities and knew better for the next one. I am working on fully cut down stumps and hollowing for lights. I will absolutely spray it to preserve it this time.

• Wendy B
    Wendy B

Thank you. The little one is a friends daughter and so cute.

• CD
    CD

I don't have a question - mine is a comment. First of all - you have a Wonderful imagination! Your daughter is very blessed! I know if I were a bird, or even an insect for that matter, I would love to come to your place to hang out at night - free of charge - Lol! It looks like an insects paradise!