Decoupaged Vintage Apothecary Label Jars

I love how versatile Mod Podge is. I've used it on metal, wood and plastic, but never on glass...until now. I found some printable labels and made these vintage-looking apothecary jars out of spice jars to store bathroom items to keep by the sink. It was an easy and inexpensive way to add cute and colorful storage for our guest bathroom. The link to the printable labels and full tutorial can be found in the
Apothecary jars made with spice jars, printable labels and Mod Podge.
bathroom storage idea
bathroom storage idea
Supplies, including having the labels printed were about $7.00. I already had the Mod Podge on hand.
Apply a thin layer of Mod Podge to the back of the label.
A spoon helps to smooth out the wrinkles.
Another layer of Mod Podge goes on top.
Another layer of Mod Podge goes on top.
This is perfect for storing Q-tips, cotton balls and other bathroom items.
decoupaged vintage apothecary label jars, crafts, decoupage, repurposing upcycling
Tricia @ Simplicity In The South

• LINDA

Hi! I LOVE these labels and jars....I went to Graphics Fairy...not finding these labels.....but then It's Aug 13, 2017 and your post was a while ago.....can you upload your printable labels for me to download? (that sounds so funny!! up - down - whatever!!! LOL))
  • Christy Roppel

Does the top coat of MP leave brush strokes or, will they disappear once dry?

Also, those looking for images, just google vintage labels (or what ever, like holiday images, flowers, etc. Then click on images and you can cut-n-paste into word or publisher and even manipulate size, etc. You can't sell your items because most images are copyrighted, but you can use for your own crafts.

• Hi Christy! Good tip on finding images for the jars. You can see some faint brush strokes but using the matte Mod Podge instead of the gloss makes them less noticeable. For the most part, it self levels. I hope you get the chance to give this project a try!

• Teresa

Can you use this over photos

• Hi Teresa! Yes, you can but you'll have the best results if use a laserjet printout of the photo on 20lb. paper instead of using the original photo. Original photos are sometime too thick. I usually go to Kinkos or Office Depot to have them print the pictures out.