The Weathered Door
The Weathered Door
  • Duvall, WA

DIY Suitcase Side Table

$12

I found a vintage suitcase at a garage sale and loved the character it had, but on it's own it had no functionality. In order to make the suitcase into something more practical, I used the legs off of a broken mid century table, and attached them to the suitcase to make a side table. It is the perfect piece to use as my new nightstand, and it only took an hour!

Be sure to check out the blog post for more details on how to make your own suitcase side table and a complete budget breakdown!
Finished suitcase side table.
Finished suitcase side table.
diy suitcase side table, painted furniture, repurposing upcycling, This cracked and broken mid century table had the perfect legs to use for the suitcase
This cracked and broken mid century table had the perfect legs to use for the suitcase.
diy suitcase side table, painted furniture, repurposing upcycling, Pretty blue vintage suitcase for 1 at a garage sale
Pretty blue vintage suitcase for $1 at a garage sale.
diy suitcase side table, painted furniture, repurposing upcycling, Use post screws so they will be flush on the inside of the suitcase
Use post screws so they will be flush on the inside of the suitcase.
diy suitcase side table, painted furniture, repurposing upcycling, A new useful side table
A new, useful side table.
The Weathered Door

• Joanie

This is a super table.......and I like the idea of storage......it is so pretty!!
  • Paula

I'm inspired!