My Garden

After building our house 6 years ago we had a blank slate to start landscaping. I had several challenges ahead of me, one being no budget for a landscaper, poor clay soil and a back woods inundated with poison ivy and briars, basically an impenetrable jungle, a slope with washouts and gullies. Tackling one job at a time and finishing it before moving onto the next kept me focused. It's ever evolving but it's come along way from being a muddy mess to my little piece of heaven on earth. Hope you enjoy.
my garden, gardening, outdoor living, I love yard art I discovered hypertufa several years ago and have been creating my own pots and columns ever since I visit antique shops and junk shops often for items I can turn into more yard art
I love yard art. I discovered hypertufa several years ago and have been creating my own pots and columns ever since. I visit antique shops and junk shops often for items I can turn into more yard art.
my garden, gardening, outdoor living, After hacking my way through the jungle I created paths and started putting in shade plants Since I have an abundance of deer who also call my woods home I ve lost a small fortune to their voracious appetites
After hacking my way through the jungle, I created paths and started putting in shade plants. Since I have an abundance of deer who also call my woods home, I've lost a small fortune to their voracious appetites.
my garden, gardening, outdoor living, This is a small water garden I built in a space not suitable for anything else
This is a small water garden I built in a space not suitable for anything else.
my garden, gardening, outdoor living, This small bridge is the entrance of my woodland garden There was a constant wash out in this area so I created a dry creek bed to channel the run off where I needed it to go
This small bridge is the entrance of my woodland garden. There was a constant wash out in this area so I created a dry creek bed to channel the run off where I needed it to go.
my garden, gardening, outdoor living, This is a before picture of an area between my garden shed and carport I tried roses here but the drainage is bad and it didn t get enough sun
This is a before picture of an area between my garden shed and carport. I tried roses here but the drainage is bad and it didn't get enough sun.
my garden, gardening, outdoor living, This is an after picture of the same area with small water garden and foot path I found the tiny child s bench at an antique store in pieces I planted Carolina Jasmine on trellises between the pillars of the carport
This is an after picture of the same area with small water garden and foot path. I found the tiny child's bench at an antique store in pieces. I planted Carolina Jasmine on trellises between the pillars of the carport.
my garden, gardening, outdoor living, Another view of woodland garden
Another view of woodland garden.
my garden, gardening, outdoor living, Dry creek bed I followed the natural flow of the water when it rained It took me most of the summer using a rotor tiller wheel barrow pic and shovel It was hard work but serves it s purpose
Dry creek bed. I followed the natural flow of the water when it rained. It took me most of the summer using a rotor tiller, wheel barrow, pic and shovel. It was hard work but serves it's purpose.
my garden, gardening, outdoor living, Path through woodland garden
Path through woodland garden.
my garden, gardening, outdoor living, Fairy garden I m blessed with an abundance of rocks and moss on my property so can create all my hardscapes with what I find in the woods
Fairy garden. I'm blessed with an abundance of rocks and moss on my property so can create all my hardscapes with what I find in the woods.

Questions on this post

Your question...

Comments

2 of 21 comments
Next