Sherrie S
Sherrie S
  • Debary, FL
Asked on Mar 12, 2012

stucco - liquid ceramic siding

Sherrie SPeace Painting Co., Inc.KMS Woodworks
+10

I had the liquid ceramic siding completed over 10 years ago and it is a good product. My problem is: it could not withstand my well (with high iron). I ony have 1/4 th of the house with this problem but would like that area to look like the rest of the house. The original liquid ceramic people in my are are gone. What other options do I have. The sprinkler problems are solved.
  • 3po3

Sherrie, I'm not really familiar with this product, so I can't promise a lot of useful feedback, but I'm fairly sure that the other Hometalkers who might be able to help could offer more assistance if you explain what problems you are having.

• Marcy

Hi Sherrie, I am also curious to know about liquid ceramic siding, its the first time I've heard about it and especially since you are happy with the product, I'd like to hear more.

• Sherrie S

Marcy T. Like I said it is a really good product that has held up for years but I can't find anyone locally who can remedy my problem. Now the issue is: What kind of paint or other substance can I get to fix the stained area of the house. Not many people are familiar with the product.

• Sherrie S

Thank you for the suggestions but this doesn't answer my question because I am still looking for something to resove the one issue.

• Peace Painting Co., Inc.

Sherrie, the rust stains that well water sprinkling causes are also fairly common around here on our structures. You only need get some oxalic acid and apply it to the stained areas. This product removes rust stains from all surfaces, you won't need to repaint. It can be found in bulk or you can go to a good local paint store and find smaller amounts. It's in powder form so you mix it with water and spray it on with a garden sprayer. If the stains are severe, multiple applications with a scrub brush aggitation will be necessary. This is a great product. It does not kill plant life. It will do the trick. Best, Charles

• L T B

The key to the iron problem is in the primer. Maybe you need an alkyd primer. We used that to paint an iron cross at a church years ago. I've used the Liquid Ceramic Exterior product many times and I've seen it last on certain projects for over 15 years. You can google the product to get to their website and order online. BTW, there's no such product as "liquid ceramic siding," it's just called Liquid Ceramic.

• Sherrie S

LTB, I didn't name it siding, the company that sold it advertised it as liquid ceramic siding. Peace, I used Rust Aid on the home & it still has a slight yellow look. I will try the oxalic acid. The Rust Aid was excellent for my PVC fence & pergola.

• KMS Woodworks

you might want to look into an Iron "filter" for your water supply...basic water softener companies have these....you are treating the symptoms...not the cause.

• Sherrie S

KMS, my plants love the iron, magnesium, etc. I have all the sprinklers adjusted so they are no longer a problem. I just need to solve the discolor problems that the iron caused in the past. I have city water with reverse osmosis in the house.

• Peace Painting Co., Inc.

Check the ingredients of Rust Aid, it may be oxalic acid. If so, you just need to mix a more concentrated batch from powder. CP

• Sherrie S

Peace, the container says Hydrofluoric Acid & Oxalic Acid. I use it full strength on PVC and it works perfectly. Maybe I will have to redo the house a few times to clean up the iron stains. I wasn't sure if it would hurt the "liquid ceramic" paint so I probably was too careful.

• Peace Painting Co., Inc.

Good idea. Let it fully dry between applications. As it dries, a powdery residue will form as it activates. And you can scrub it with a soft brush to work it in.

• Sherrie S

Thank you Peace. I think I will use the pressure washer, too. Might just turn out good. By the way, rust aid is the best product for rust stains. Lowes brought in another brand and within 2 weeks brought back rust aid.