My daughters kitchen in Jersey City....

The kids have been renovating for almost 2 years and are about 90% finished, The structure is a 4 story townhouse, and the brick walls you see at the entrance to the bar area and the main entrance to the kitchen are original and built in 1865. On my next trip, I'll take some shots of the rest of the house,including the windows which had to be custom built to conform to the "strict" guidelines of the Jersey City Historical Society.
The back splash is mirrored glass tile and is $$$$$$$....nothing but the best for my kid...lol

• LandlightS

Thanks...it is a great kitchen to work in.....a perfect working triangle. The glass tile of the back-splash actually reflects light well and is very easy to clean, and it is only $75.00 per square foot. The "DK" sign in the window is for the contractor next door. Marni and Matt used a an architect by the name of David Korn in NYC who does great industrial designs(he has done some work for Google, where Marni met him). He did take into account all of Marnis' wants and suggestions and left the lighting up to me. All 4 floors are fitter with 3 inch Low Voltage Cans, including the showers and over the bath tubs. A few wall sconces in the stairwell and as you can see in the kitchen, the two pendants, the under-counter lighting is Juno Low Volt mini trac with festoon lamps. Contemporary lighting over the bathroom vanities. All lighting is currently controlled by Lutron Diva dimmers, but I will fully automating the entire house with Insteon controls from Smarthome.....including all of AV equiptment. Kevin...not sure which wall you are speaking of...if it the brick wall, it's original from 1865. I took some shots on my cell phone and will post them shortly

• Danica B

VERY nice!!!