Texture and Watercolour Meet

I snagged this beaten up chest on chest, full of holes and missing veneer
texture and watercolour meet, decoupage, painted furniture
I love the shape but decided it needed some interest and colour. Out came the stencil and the drywall compound!
It was my plan to add a small image transfer of one of my watercolour paintings, I wanted to evoke a look of a loved chest from a time gone by
left a circle clear of texture, ready to transfer my image. Copied onto laser copy paper and using a gel medium
Painted the drawers in buttercup yellow then applied a wash of cadmium red acrylic paint. The whole thing was then 'aged' with General Finishes java gel, applied and immediately wiped off.
The top was in a really bad way, java gel applied with a paint brush. The body was painted in buttercup yellow and java gel and the raised parts dry brushed with the same yellow paint. Knobs painted black and the whole thing sealed with Minwax Polycrylic
I LOVE it!!
visit my FB page for more refinished furniture. Like the page if you like! www.facebook.com/dandelionsandpoppies To see my art please visit: www.juliemcdowelldesigns.etsy.com
Here is a video showing how to do raised stencilling
Julie McDowell - Design Artist

• Diane Schule

This is in-freakin'-credible! I thought your stenciled ceiling was something, but this tops even that! Did you study art somewhere?
  • Diane Schule

Never mind, just read your profile on Etsy, learned about your studies. Your work must give you so much satisfaction.