Easter Carrot Door Hanging Tutorial

117K Views
So many of you asked what became of the GINORMOUS carrots from my last post that I thought I should take a moment and explain. What did I make? Well that's an easy one, I made them into a Easter carrot door wreath. Or do you call it a door hanging? Oh I don't know what you call it. I made a giant carrot door wreath-ish thingy for Easter.
  • easter carrot door hanging tutorial, crafts, easter decorations, how to, seasonal holiday decor
Oh I know, you may be thinking I didn't need monster sized carrots for my front door but I couldn't help myself. Plus, have you seen the Easter bunny? Yeah, he's huge. I saw him at the mall once. Big bunnies like him need big carrots. And just to be safe, you may want to make one for your front door too.
I made the carrots out of good old foam insulation board. You know, the kind you get at the home improvement store. With my utility knife, I cut 3 pieces that were each bout 6" wide by 26" long. I used a marker to draw a basic carrot shape on the foam and cut it out with the knife.My basic carrot shaped looked like a rectangle that is tapered at the bottom. a carrot
Now I have 3 pink carrots and it was time to paint. I started with a basic orange and then when back with white and a little yellow. I also used a knife to make some indented lines for texture.... Head over to my blog for the rest of this tutorial Blog link below

To see more: http://paintyourselfasmile.com/2016/03/10/easter-carrots-door-wreath-tutorial/

Ask the creator about this project