Bold Green Dresser Makeover With Decoupage Drawers

We just finished painting what may go down as one of my favorite furniture pieces of all time!!! Mr Magic, my better half, picked up this ornate buffet / Mediterranean dresser at a thrift store for me awhile back.
Here she is finished, but she didn't always look this magnificent.
She was a bit of a wreck in the beginning, with fading and chips and sticker residue on top. But I was obsessed with the curvy detail and the chunky handles and I couldn't wait to paint it.
I decided to go with an amazing, bold, green apple color. I had one of the girls who works with me stipple the first coat on the piece. (I have links to all these colors and products in a list for you on my full blog post at www.themagicbrushinc.com as well as a coupon code, so come on over! )
Stippling the paint on makes it so much easier to get into every crack and cranny. It also helps to camouflage less than perfect surfaces and to hide brush strokes!
I decided I needed to have fun with the recessed drawers on the piece by decoupaging them. I was debating on these 2 patterned tissue paper (yes, the kind you put in a gift) and decided on the white and gold because the scroll-y nature of the paper went well with the architecture of the piece. If you are interested in seeing a video of my decoupage process, head over to the blog to watch that. I talk about sarcasm, performance anxiety and Eminem all in one video while painting. Classic.
I used Rub and Buff in "Gold Leaf" to add some gold to the old handles. See the difference in this top and bottom handle?
I loved the gold accents so much that then I rubbed some of the Rub and Buff over a lot of the details.
We did some staining to the top and waxing to the front and called it done.
And there is she in all her glory!!! Seriously, my new favorite piece.
I'd love to know your thoughts on bold, bright colored furniture? Do you have any pieces in your room? Prefer neutrals? Do you think my green is obnoxious or amazing? Let me know!

The 25 Most-Viewed Mason Jar Projects on Hometalk
31 Ways To Get Privacy Inside And Outside Your Home
15 Amazing Things You Can Do With Paint Stirrers
Save Your Old Cans For These 31 Home Decor Ideas
30 Stylish Update Ideas You'll Want To Use For Your Bedroom
31 Ways For You To Style Your Garden
Jennifer Allwood

• Carole Casteen
    Carole Casteen

What kind of wax did you use and where can you get it?

• Susan
      Susan

Try Michael's or Home Depot sell online only, DecoArt Ameicana Chalky Paint Wax. Much cheaper than Annie Sloan etc. and Micheal's always has coupons, under $10 dollars for 8 oz, goes a long way.

• Lynn Butler
    Lynn Butler

Do you have to put wax on a piece of furniture after you painted?

• Susan
      Susan

Micheal's has DecoArt Americana Chalky Paint Wax, in stock, 29 colors of chalk paint and 4 different waxes. Under $10 if you use coupons. Micheal's always has coupons! Or online order on Homedepot.com

• Heje
    Heje

Are there wheels or feet under this beauty? She is truly amazing to look at. A wonderful project with good use of the old pulls being used. Love It?

• Tonya
    Tonya

Well...I've NEVVA...SEEN SUCH AN ORIGINAL BEAUTY!! I DO DECLARE,I THINK I'M IN LOVE!

😘😘 Great Job!!!😘

• Janerose
    Janerose

Awesome job...inspired...I have an old small buffet...n never used chalk paint...soooo