Rustic Upcycled Denim Easter Eggs

A couple of weeks I made some gorgeous no sew patchwork fabric easter eggs. Since then I've been working on some denim projects and whilst surrounded by denim scraps I thought why not make some patchwork denim Easter eggs for fun. These eggs are so easy to do and in no time I had a nest full of denim eggs and it cost hardly anything to make as it was all made with waste materials. />
All you need are some scraps of denim, eggs and glue. You can either use real eggs which you have blown (details in my patchwork egg post) or craft eggs.
Cut your denim into strips, just under 1cm wide and about 6 cm long.
Brush glue onto the wrong side of the denim strips and then place them on your eggs one by one until the whole egg is covered. I used fabric modge podge but I'm sure any good white glue would do.
I told you it was easy. These eggs do have an sort of rustic feel to them and make for a great easter decoration. They would also be great for an easter egg hunt. They should keep for years, even if you used real egg shells as the glue and fabric would have strengthened them.
I keep all my old jeans for denim projects, you can see one of my most popular denim upcycles here, a fantastic pocket organiser. What do you do with your old jeans ?

30 Fabulous Wreath Ideas That Will Make Your Neighbors Smile
3 Super Cool Marbelizing Techniques Everyone's Trying!
3 Absolutely Adorable Ways To Display Your Plants
27 Wonderful Ways You Can Use Scrapbooking Paper
Use Ribbon To Decorate For Christmas With These Last Minute Ideas!
Check Out These 30 Incredible Floor Transformations Ideas
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
15 Unique Father's Day Crafts
Does Your Staircase Need an Update?
30 Address Signs That'll Make Your Neighbors Stop in Admiration
25 Decor Ideas That Will Add Some Spring to Your Home
Claire at Pillarboxblue