Homeroad
Homeroad
  • Huntington, NY

My Chalk Painted Kitchen is Finished!

I long debated on chalk paint vs regular paint for my kitchen cabinets. With the help of a professional artist/painter we decided that the Annie Sloan Chalk Paint would be the best choice. A less than bright white was achieved by mixing colors and a two toned effect was used by using a lighter color on the uppers and a darker on the lowers. The paint was finished off with varnish for a clear coat protection.
Stop by homeroad to see the details.
A two toned effect creates character and interest.
Black countertops and black and stainless appliances compliment the grey and white cabinets.
A coffee station... the large drawer below holds everything we need for a coffee break.
The breakfast bar and the lowers are painted with French Linen
Homeroad

• Merri

Hi, google brought me to your blog and your cabinets look wonderful! I'm thinking of painting my cabinets with chalk paint and the idea of varnish rather than using the wax appeals to me - seems more durable and like it will require less maintenance later on. I've heard that some varnishes can end up making white paint look a bit yellowed. I just wanted to see how yours have held up in terms of the color and any chipping. Thanks so much and have a blessed day! :)

• Elizabeth Travis Sarratt

What shade of grey did you use on your lower cabinets?