Spray Painted Dining Table and Chairs

Since painting furniture is my decorating love, I thought I would share a before and after with you of my dining room table and chairs! I painted the entire set with spray paint and I love it!
Chair before
Chair after spray paint and new fabric on seat
Dining Room table before spray paint.

Instantly Upgrade Your Living Space With These Amazing DIY Ideas
30 Jaw-Dropping Decorating Techniques You've Never Seen Before
15 Unbelievable Ways People Paint Their Walls
Turn Dollar Store Laundry Basket Into Wreath Form In 8 Easy Steps
31 Astounding Things You Didn't Know You Could Do With Contact Paper
At Home With The Barkers

• Tammy M Keliin
    Tammy M Keliin

Did you sand the table and chairs first and did you use a primer ? I have a table and chairs I want to do using a flat spray paint and I then want to distress it.

• Louise
    Louise

I'm getting ready to paint two simple office-type chairs and recover the seats and backs. The current wood is dark and shiny and I'm going to paint it a deep, rich red. I've gotten all kinds of advice and most of it conflicts with the one before. Someone told me a while back to use oil-based primer on something that will have a lot of wear (like bannisters, which are also a soon-to-be project) and that normal latex paint will go just fine over the oil-based primer. But others have said never to put anything but oil paint over oil-based primer. What did you do with these chairs? Also, I'd guess there are photos of the finished table, too, but can't find them.

• Cindy
    Cindy

The look is so much richer. Great job.