How to Make an Old Couch New Again for $10

I may have mentioned a few - or a million - times how much I love my living room couch. Well, after two years of lovin', my beloved couch was starting to show some wear. The notorious mystery spots were starting to appear and some wrinkles and sags were forming in the cushions. Time to start Mission: Couch Rejuvenation ...

how to make an old couch new again for 10, painted furniture

If the picture above looks familiar to you, don't worry, you're not alone! Good news is though, there's a fix. And it's simpler than you might think...

how to make an old couch new again for 10, painted furniture, I started by removing the covers and washing them

I started by removing the cushion covers and washing them. You don't want to dry them or they might shrink, but a good wash is always a good idea.

To wash the covers, I had to unload the "fluff" from the back cushions.

how to make an old couch new again for 10, painted furniture, I labeled the fluff taken from the back cushions so I wouldn t get confused when it was time to re stuff

I labeled the "fluff" taken from the back cushions so I wouldn't get confused when it was time to re-stuff. Some of that stuffing gets compacted over time, so it might also be a good idea to add just a bit of filling in with the old.

how to make an old couch new again for 10, painted furniture, I used this quilt batting 9 99 at Walmart to beef up the cushions

I used this quilt batting ($9.99 at Walmart) to beef up the seat cushions.

how to make an old couch new again for 10, painted furniture, I simply trimmed the batting and wrapped it around the bottom cushions to boost their fluff ability Yep That s the technical term

I simply trimmed the batting and wrapped it around the bottom cushions to boost their fluff-ability. Yep. That's the technical term. ;)

how to make an old couch new again for 10, painted furniture, I put the covers back on the new beefed up cushions and now my couch looks as good as new

I re-stuffed the back cushions and put the covers back on the new beefed-up cushions. Clean, full, and full-bodied, now my couch looks as good as new!

how to make an old couch new again for 10, painted furniture, Like new again

Like new again ...

My old beloved couch is my new favorite couch once again!

how to make an old couch new again for 10, painted furniture, Now if I can just keep this guy off the couch

Now if I can just keep this guy off the couch.

Living Rich on Less - Susan

• Deb

What if my cushions are connected to the back of couch?

• Suzie

I love your Idea!! Amazing!!! My question is what if my back cushions aren’t pillows? The back ones don’t unzip😣

• Neva Dew

Did you also clean the base and the arm rests? If so, how? My couch would not have matching upholstery if I only washed part of it!

• Kim

Well done! Wish I could do this with my leather sofa. 😞

• Mary Watts Buhrman

Place tin foil on the sofa cushions. Make sure he has his own comfy spot. Foil works for cats too