How to Make an Old Couch New Again for $10

I may have mentioned a few - or a million - times how much I love my living room couch. Well, after two years of lovin', my beloved couch was starting to show some wear. The notorious mystery spots were starting to appear and some wrinkles and sags were forming in the cushions. Time to start Mission: Couch Rejuvenation ...

If the picture above looks familiar to you, don't worry, you're not alone! Good news is though, there's a fix. And it's simpler than you might think...

I started by removing the cushion covers and washing them. You don't want to dry them or they might shrink, but a good wash is always a good idea.

To wash the covers, I had to unload the "fluff" from the back cushions.

I labeled the "fluff" taken from the back cushions so I wouldn't get confused when it was time to re-stuff. Some of that stuffing gets compacted over time, so it might also be a good idea to add just a bit of filling in with the old.

I used this quilt batting ($9.99 at Walmart) to beef up the seat cushions.

I simply trimmed the batting and wrapped it around the bottom cushions to boost their fluff-ability. Yep. That's the technical term. ;)

I re-stuffed the back cushions and put the covers back on the new beefed-up cushions. Clean, full, and full-bodied, now my couch looks as good as new!

Like new again ...

My old beloved couch is my new favorite couch once again!

Now if I can just keep this guy off the couch.

30 Great Mason Jar Ideas You Have To Try
Step-by-Step Painting Techniques You'll Want to Try!
18 Wintery Wreath Ideas That You'll Want To Make For Your Home
15 Cute Ways To Decorate Tin Cans Into Planters
30 Adorable DIY Ideas For July 4th
31 Ways To Keep Your Home Organized
15 Unbelievable Ways People Paint Their Walls
25 Decor Ideas That Will Add Some Spring to Your Home
3 Simple Green Ways To Clean In Your Home
30 Stylish Update Ideas You'll Want To Use For Your Bedroom
Living Rich on Less - Susan

• Mary Njus

Amazing result! It’s a shame furniture doesn’t hold its shape after 1 year of use. The case with my sofa. I tried the fiberfill but over stuffed and it didn’t settle evenly. How did you get the cases on with batting? Maybe my cushions don’t open enough? I’m also impressed how clean your carpet is too! Lol thanks for sharing.

• Charise.

Soooo, if your sofa is overfilled, by YOU, couldn't you simply de-to your satisfaction (...or, SITisfaction lol)?

• Judy

How did you clean the body of the sofa?

• Gloria Jean Edwards Fuller

If back cushions are attached how can you restuff them mine are sagging down bad I thought about tacking them with fishing line but afraid will tear material

• Janice Mack

Not really a question but advice - no no no definitely keep that handsome guy up on the couch right beside you as much as you can- maybe splurge for a waterproofing spray that will last awhile to make any diet or spills just wipe right off!

• Sharon

I agree, pets are the spice of life :) I just use a doggie blanket. He can come on the couch as long as he's on his blanket :)

• Meropi papadaki