Phil
Phil
  • Tutorial Team
  • Ormond Beach, FL

I Made This Lamp Just an Idea? Now I Need a Snap on Shade. Good Luck!

KatieKelly SLiliana D'Angeli
+20

I just had a thought? As you all know my son is in the marines, I Had just made this shade out of a whim, I am now hoping to find a clip on shade that goes with the bulb? Good Luck to me.
q i made this lamp just an idea now i need a snap on shade good luck, crafts
  • Miriam I

I love this idea by @SheilaG, Plum Doodles - she used a basket! http://www.hometalk.com/1085770/an-alternative-to-expensive-lampshades you can find otehr lamp shade ideas by doing a search for 'lamp shades.' The base is beautiful!

• Phil

thank you very much

• Kathy

You can always check thrift stores & yard sales. I've found so much at both places when I couldn't find it at a store. Or you can Google snap on lamp shades & where to find them. The lamp base is beautiful. Were you in the marines or do you have a loved one in there? What ever the case may be, THANK YOU or THANK THEM for their service in protecting us all.

• Michelle Farrell

You can get a lampshade kit at a fabric store with the template and choose your own material to cover it. Or the thrift store lamp shade and use spray adhesive to adhere the material of your choice. To cover the "rough" edges on the bottom you can use anything. I use ribbon, beads, grapevine...whatever suits.

• Phil

Thank you Michelle, I will have to do some searching.

• 153091

Try the flea market and look for an old helmet...drill a top hole and screw in a clip-bulb-holder. Find something rustic for the screw on finial.

• Marilee H

Target has some clipon shades, I think Lowe's might too. You'll have to use a regular light bulb though, no CFLs.

• Cindy

the helmet is a cool idea! or if you can find an old lamp shade that you like from a garage sale, you can recover it in some camo.

• Tim Berrong

Go Bulldogs! Class of "77. Any particular instrutions of tips. BTW...If the helmet idea is too heavy to be supported, any Army surplus (sorry, never seen a marine surplus) store will have the old helmet liners from the WW2, Korean War or Vietnam War days. Much lighter and smaller.

• Liliana D'Angeli

Did you try searching at the nearest Goodwill store by you? They always have nice cheap shades.

• Kelly S

Semper Fi! What does it look like with the new shade?

• Kelly S

It looks great. You son will love it.

• Kelly S

Yes I did. It looks great.

• Katie

Checked out the lamp with the new shade. It looks great! My Dad was a Marine.