Frankie Laney
Frankie Laney
  • Oceanside, CA

Vintage Chaise What Color to Paint

Lyn DFrankie LaneyKathleen Hibben
+12

Should I paint this it's original white? I also have a glass top table to match. In great shape and the chaise has good wheels. Would it be best in a nice white enamel or a color? The ironwork on the arms and foot of the chaise are great.
q vintage chaise what color to paint, painted furniture
  • Melanie

Tourquoise!!!

• Frankie Laney

I do love turquoise! : )

• Patricia W

Whatever floats your boat! I love the white, but I do love turquoise too! I love the ornateness of it!!!

• KMS Woodworks

If being used in the sun a lot, a dark color may get really hot and be uncomfortable on the arm rests.

• S

Beautiful find. White or black would be traditional, but what is your decor outside? If this is the special piece, what is your favorite color? Turquoise is in, but is that your favorite? Orange, yellow, and purple are also in... Don't forget to take into account the color of the cushion. Take a look at some magazines' outdoor furniture colors: Ballards and Grandinroad come to mind. Make sure you post it when it's finished!

• Frankie Laney

I love all the brights. I have 2 Adirondack chairs, one is painted marigold and the other one is bright purple. Most of the outdoor furniture is white rattan and a few orphan iron pieces. The cushions are oranges, greens, yellows, even some pinks. Maybe I should stay with the white and use the cushions for color. I don't want to get too crazy with the color! Thanks for the great comments.

• Linnya

Sunny yellow would go well with the marigold and purple

• Gay Watkins

I say what ever goes with your other decor :))) happy painting!!!

• Jeanette S

What a find! You might want to pick out your cushions first because you will find there is a wide range of prices out there! Then look at the Rustoleum 2X bright colors! I am attaching a photo of my porch I painted out last year. Be sure and post photos. (P.S. Your tile is about the same color as the paint on my porch). Live it up and go for color! I then went around the yard and repainted all my bird houses and cages, dulled and dirty yard thingies and it turned out beautiful. I used acrylic cheapo paint in small bottles from Michaels!

q vintage chaise what color to paint, painted furniture, I used chartruese orange yellow pink grape red on sewing machine table behind swing and added even more color in accessoriesq vintage chaise what color to paint, painted furniture, See how dull this was
  • Betty Stine

White is classic. Colors come and go, how soon do you want to paint them again?

• Kathleen Hibben

What a wonderful piece :) I would go with Color. It is great to have something Pop in your yard and fun to change it up every 5 years or so Enjoy.

• Frankie Laney

Jeanette S I love your porch! I'll be sure to post pics when the project is completed. Thank you for all the wonderful suggestions!

• Lyn D

There are plethora of colors these days. I think orange would look amazing, but hard to touch up. Maybe repaint it the clean fresh white and put colorful cushions atop it :)