Ashley Rowlands
Ashley Rowlands
  • Richmond, VA

Using an Old Window to Display Photos

Use an old window, this one was free, to display photos in your home. I used wedding pictures for mine and hung it our bedroom!
using an old window to display photos, crafts, repurposing upcycling, My window used to be stored in an outdoor shed so it needed a lot of cleaning
My window used to be stored in an outdoor shed, so it needed a lot of cleaning!
using an old window to display photos, crafts, repurposing upcycling, Attach your photos using clear scrapbooking photo corners Be sure you have everything arranged where you want it before attaching the photos
Attach your photos using clear scrapbooking photo corners. Be sure you have everything arranged where you want it before attaching the photos!
using an old window to display photos, crafts, repurposing upcycling, This is definitely my favorite piece of art in the whole house It just makes me smile
This is definitely my favorite piece of art in the whole house. It just makes me smile :)
using an old window to display photos, crafts, repurposing upcycling, The easiest way to hang your window on the wall is by attaching D hooks to the window and using heavy duty Monkey Hooks This will also keep there from being a large hole if you decide to move it later
The easiest way to hang your window on the wall is by attaching D-hooks to the window and using heavy duty Monkey Hooks. This will also keep there from being a large hole if you decide to move it later.
Ashley Rowlands

• Sue Ipock

What are monkey hooks?
    • Ashley Rowlands

It's the brand of hook. Some can hold up to 50 lbs. and you don't have to screw or nail them in. They only leave a small hole.
  • Cynthia Greaver Decker

What did you use to hang the pictures in the window with?

• Ashley Rowlands

Hi Cynthia! I used clear adhesive photo corners, like the kind used for scrapbooking.

• Lana

GREAT INFO! The window is the easy part, I had no clue what to use to hold the photos on the glass without damage! And did you make B&W copies of the pics or use your originals?? Also, wouldn't COMMAND hooks work for hanging it safely? Thanks, love it!!

• Joanne Handley

Are the pictures mounted on the outside of the glass or the inside. I want to do this but want to mount the pictures on the backside of the glass but haven't found clear corners that will work that way, can you tell me where you found yours if that is how you mounted yours