White Washing & Distressing Porch Floor!

I'm doing a makeover on my screen porch and I'm doing it on a shoestring budget! The screen porch was built last year over a part of our existing deck and the floors were less than pretty. When pricing everything I wanted to do on the porch with almost no money, I decided to stain the floors in a semi-transparent white. When I got the stain on, I wasn't thrilled so I experimented with wiping a little of the stain off to give them a distressed look. Here's what I came up with! This isn't for everybody, some of you guys might not like it-I understand, but I'm happy and I spent only $33.00 at Home Depot for the stain!
My budget solution to my screen porch floors ...white washed & distressed.
Here are the floors before. When I started my low budget porch makeover I had to have a super cheap way to brighten up the existing floors...
First I sanded and cleaned the floors. Then using semi-transparent wood stain from The Home Depot, I sprayed on the stain...but I wasn't thrilled. So I took a rag and wiped some of the stain back off...
Kinda looked like driftwood!I know some of you won't like this, I understand it's a bit different.  :)
Kinda looked like driftwood!I know some of you won't like this, I understand it's a bit different. :)
But I'm happy with the way it turned out and I'm almost finished with the porch makeover!
A quick look at the table! My friends at Behr Paint suggested I use a soft turquoise called Opal Silk...turned out to be my new favorite color!Have a great day my friends xo
All Things Heart and Home

• Lorna Shafer Lopez

We need to seal our deck but absolutely love this look! Any thoughts on sealers that won't be slippery in rainy or snowy weather?

• Rrg723

I didn't seal mine so I don't know...If I were to seal it, I'd go to Home Depot and talk to the good folks at Behr! Good Luck!

• Lorna Shafer Lopez

Thanks for your response. Looks like I still have some homework to do!

• Remember, you can buy stains/sealers combined. I bet they would work for this, too.
    • Mar33550904

wow, I absolutely love this and I'm really picky!! Great job, I'm doing a very small wooden stoop and might do my front door in your turquoise table color. Love it!!!!

• Frances J

Hi, can you tell me the brand and which color white you used. There are many at home depot to choose from. Thank you!

• Lisa

How do I whitewash a deck that’s already stained

• Tamara McMillan

Very nice!

• Sophie Gross

i love it and is exactly what I was planning for my porch this summer. Good thing I saw your post because I was going to white wash with paint. I never thought about using stain, I think it may be more durable than paint. Looks awesome! Thanks for sharing